Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Day in the Life

Antique Hunting with Mom and Dad yesterday. A treasure trove of abandoned knickknacks. Chests of perfectly worn linens. Tables of plates. bowls. and glasses. Some perfect. Some chipped. But all beautiful in their own way. I brought home two crystal candle sticks. A baking pan. two vintage white vases. And a glass measuring cup. I drove home with my rags-to-riches-finds wrapped tightly in tissue paper and bundled safely in their bags. Happy.



photo

Today, Woke up early. Went shopping for a very special birthday. Pulled in the driveway at the exact time as Jake. Told him, "Good timing, cowboy" and he laughed at me. Went inside long enough for him to wash off the work day. Then back in the car to fetch dinner. La Costa. The best Mexican food a girl could ask for. With a big glass of Coca cola. Extra fizzy. Just the way I like it.
Now, home sweet home.


photo

No comments: