Sunday, January 4, 2009

A day in the Life

Yesterday Sophie and I took a long nap on the couch. The weather outside was warm and breezy. Not like January at all. We woke up just in time for Jake to get home from work and for me to make a big pot of jambalaya for dinner. I caught Sophie trying to climb the counter and steal the sausage. I yelled at her and she ran and hid under our bed like she always does. I had to go drag her out. I gave her a big kiss on her freckly nose and told her I was sorry for yelling. She held a grudge. Only for little while, and then we were pals again. The jambalaya was spicy and delicious and I drank a million glasses of water to put out the fire that it left in my mouth. There's my eight glasses of water for the day. Then we left to go to Jake's band practice. He is in a band called Life at Sea and they are really good. I would think so even if Jake wasn't the handsome bassist that I get to go home with every night. They rocked out for a couple hours and then it was time to go home. The air was cold when we walked to our car. That's the thing about Wilmington weather. Warm one minute and cold the next. When we got home we immediately changed into our pajamas, put on a movie and made a snack. wheat crackers with chive cream cheese. The best. I fell asleep half way through the movie. We went to bed. I woke up early this morning to find Jake in the guest bedroom. Sophie kept stealing his covers and kicking him to move. Which he did. Tonight I think we will kick Sophie out instead.


photo

No comments: