Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Less is so Much More

I used to want a rather extravagant wedding. You know, the intricate place settings, the thousands of dollars in flowers, the designer gown...the whole shebang. But now, I'm not even sure I want a wedding at all. At least, not traditionally speaking. Instead, I think I would like to start the honeymoon right away and have a simple courthouse wedding when we reach our destination. Just us. Because really, isn't that the most important thing? Two people, in love, pledging to spend the rest of their lives together? Not that family and friends are not important,and not that they don't deserve to be a part of the celebration, but I would rather celebrate with an intimate group of family and friends... Perhaps at a romantic restaurant the night before me and lover boy head out. No 200-person guest list, no table rentals, no tents, no matchy-matchy bridal party. Just us and good food to share with a small group of people that we love dearly before we head out to tie the knot on our own.

To the dinner I would wear something flirty like this:



Lord and Taylor Ruffled Sleveless Dress

With These shoes:



And for the Courthouse wedding, something lovely, elegant, and classic:


Classic White from Talbots

1 comment:

Meg said...

Mmmmm... agreed. I'm sort of sad we're not doing a courthouse shinding, even though we want our family and freinds there, so we're keeping it simple instead. But something about simple and private is excellent. Ketubah signing will be that for us.
Anyway, I love the top dress and shoes. Much more fab than a generic big gown.