Monday, November 3, 2008

Look for Less: J. Crew

Fashion is something that I enjoy. However, I don't think that in order to be fashionable one must spend loads of money. In fact, many of the most fashionable women I have ever met have been thrifty shoppers. Here I will take a rather expensive outfit and recreate it using more affordable pieces. This week: J. Crew.

I am always impressed with J. Crew's designs. I love that their pieces are both timeless and classic, but still colorful and youthful. It is that balance between timelessness and trendiness that sets it apart. But since I am quite the bargain shopper, there is no way I would ever spend $600 on a single outfit. So, Let's see if I can recreate this beautiful outfit for much much less.

JCrew Look:



Metallic-flecked pencil skirt: 138.00
Quinn Cami: 78.00
Tabitha patent-leather T-strap heels: 225.00
Roughed-out leather belt: 52.00
Fireball necklace: 98.00
Dainty gold knotted necklace: 65.00

TOTAL: 656.00

The Look for Less:



Forever 21 Mid-waist pencil skirt: 17.80
Old Navy Ruffle Chiffon Tank: 10.00
Circa Joan & David Brown Patent T-strap heels: 59.00
Target Brown Belt: 14.99
American Eagle Coin Chain Necklace: 15.50
TOTAL: 117.29

No comments: